The Rosemount 400A will be officially obsoleted by the OEM (Rosemount Analytical) with NO OEM PARTS or FACTORY SUPPORT starting September 30, 2023. While we knew this was coming, it still hurts a little. For end-users, this little THC analyzer has been a 24/7/365 workhorse requiring very little maintenance year to year.
There is good news though. RIGAS plans to support this analyzer for at least the next ten years, and maybe longer. If you are an end-user, you can help us help you by NOT throwing away good components (boards, regulators, etc.). Everything is repairable; here are a few examples:
- Main Electronics Board – rarely fails. Shipping sometimes causes the big transformer to be ripped off the board (still fixable).
- 4-20 mADC card gets noisy or fails outright – usually a few capacitors dry out causing the “charge pump” to misbehave.
- Backpressure regulator – the rubber diaphragm dries out, becomes brittle, and then it doesn’t regulate pressure very well. We install a new diaphragm and relap the valve seat.
- Ribbon cables – they get pinched or scraped. We build our own cables.
- Sample capillary – it gets clogged over time. It can be cleaned but we’d rather just replace the old capillary (and possibly reuse your old fitting).
- Insulation – it becomes unglued. We replace the insulation where needed and reglue it.
- Burner jet – we make our own.
- Burner contact – we make our own.
So, in other words, just about everything is repairable. So let’s partner up and keep your analyzer running!!!