This is a short list of activities that we perform on your analyzer:
- First, we do AS-FOUND testing
- does it power up?
- does it light?
- Does it respond to calibration gases?
- Does the case heater work?
- Does it seem to be contaminated?
- We extract all of the restrictors and the one capillary, and test them for performance against the OEM’s specifications.
- We do a clean up of the interior
- We repaint the lid
- we update the Preamplifier Board with new wires and connectors
- we replace ribbon cables
- we replace out-of-specification restrictors / rebuild the sample capillary
- we reassemble, light, test, calibrate, and run for 24 hours on a data acquisition trend
- we attach calibration stickers and optimized pressure settings stickers
- we write up a service report
- then it’s boxed up and shipped according to your specifications
If you get the analyzer back and find that something is not quite right, PLEASE CALL US. It could be as simple as a loose burner cap, or ribbon cable came loose … something out of our control after it leaves our facility.
We sincerely appreciate your business and trust in our company
Keywords: Rosemount 400A troubleshooting