RIGAS (Runyan Industrial Gas Analyzers, Inc.) is a leading provider of environmental monitoring solutions, specializing in Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS) and Continuous Opacity Monitoring Systems (COMS). With over 20 years in the industry, we are a partner to a wide range of industries including power generation, petrochemical, and manufacturing.
Compensation & Benefits
Job type: Full-time, hourly.
Wage: $35-$45 per hour.
Location Base: Wooster, OH
Why should you work for us?
- Your typical work week will be 3-4 days on the road and home on the weekends.
- You will keep your hotel and airline points to use personally.
- You will receive competitive pay and benefits.
- Your family and personal time will be respected.
- You will be an important member of our team.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (75% Company paid).
- Disability and life insurance.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Paid sick time.
- Nine paid holidays.
- Investment-matching retirement program.
- SIMPLE IRA with Company match.
- Company provided cell phone.
- Maximum IRS mileage reimbursement (for company related travel).
- Flexible schedule.
- Company credit card provided for work related expenses.
- Employees keep their hotel/airline reward points.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, and audits at customer sites for various process and environmental analyzers such as O2, CO, CO2, O2, NH3, NOx, and SO2 analyzers, as well as opacity monitors.
- Troubleshooting and repair will include the disassembly, inspection, replacement and testing of mechanisms and circuitry for failures and defects as well as the determination of repair requirements, obtaining necessary parts, performing necessary functional/operational/compliance testing and documentation.
- Perform Federal and Regional compliance audit in the form of: COMS TITLE V audits and CEMS CGAs at quarterly and annual intervals; to include any associated preventive maintenance.
- Update parameters of the data acquisition system after maintenance, repairs, and/or audit activities.
- Perform installation, startup, and commissioning of CEMS and COMS. Including installation inspection, initial power up testing, calibrations, and U.S. and Regional EPA testing and certifications.
- Retrofit, upgrade, and/or replace existing analyzer and monitor systems to Include: sample probes, heated sample line, wiring, tubing, and hardware.
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone and digital interface over the internet.
- Travel primarily during weekdays. Overnight travel up to 75% is required. Occasional weekend and holiday travel may be required.
- Provide support to our repair depot in Wooster, OH when not in the field.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years process gas analyzer, COMS, or CEMS troubleshooting and repair experience on major manufacturer equipment (Teledyne, Rosemount, Procal, Servomex).
- Minimum 3 years field service experience.
- Two or four year industrial electronics and/or industrial instrumentation degree or certificate, or military electronics or instrumentation schooling.
- Knowledge and understanding of 40 CFR 60 and 40 CFR 75 with the ability to communicate requirements to customer personnel.
- Strong troubleshooting skills demonstrated in previous jobs including 4-20 mA signal loops and DC circuits. Component level circuit board troubleshooting a plus.
- Knowledgeable on gas pressure and flow.
- Proficient in use of multi-meters, loop calibrators, valves, regulators, pressure sensors, flow sensors, and the application of additional electronic test equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and flow schematic diagrams.
- Valid driver’s license and driving history acceptable to the Company insurance carrier.
- Able to pass a background check, and drug & alcohol screening, to include frequent customer required tests and random company testing.
- Able and willing to climb ladders and work at heights of +200’.
- Willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Clear vision and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to lift more than 50 lbs, climb stairs and ladders, kneel, crouch, stoop, and crawl.
- Valid Permanent US work authorization, (not requiring sponsorship).