Runyan Industrial Gas Analyzers, Inc. (RIGAS) (www.ri-gas.com) is a respected Veteran Owned Small Business servicing industrial customers across the U.S. RIGAS was established in 2002 and is located in Wooster, Ohio.
Compensation & Benefits
Job type: Full-time, hourly.
Wage: $24-$40 per hour.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
- Health Insurance (75% Company paid).
- Disability and life insurance.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Paid sick time.
- Nine (9) paid holidays.
- Retirement program.
- Health Savings Account.
- Small company, family friendly work environment.
- Flexible schedule.
We are seeking a highly-motivated instrumentation and electronics technician experienced in troubleshooting and repairing gas analyzers that are used to measure specific and precise levels of various gases. We repair instrumentation manufactured by Teledyne, Rosemount, Servomex, and other major brands. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to become an expert in our field of gas analyzers, and will quickly and proficiently learn troubleshooting and repair of gas analyzers and electronic components. This position is located in our Wooster, Ohio repair depot.
- Identify root causes of analyzer failures, repair or replace components such as electronic components, power supplies, fans, gauges, restrictors, regulators, burner components, fittings, tubing, capillaries, heaters, ribbon cables, etc.
- Read and interpret instruction manuals, bills of material, schematics, manufacturer’s documentation, circuit diagrams and apply to troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating customer owned gas analyzers sent in for repair.
- Accurately complete all written and electronic records (timecards, material requests, calibration sheets, test and repair reports).
- Insure all service work is done accurately, neatly, and in accordance with supervisor’s instruction or manufacturer’s specifications.
- Follow all safety rules established by management and OSHA.
- Provide telephone technical support to customers.
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience troubleshooting and repairing gas analyzers or similar instrumentation. Experience with Teledyne and Rosemount gas analyzers a plus.
- Proficient in electronics theory (analog and digital), 4-20mA loops, instrumentation troubleshooting, component level troubleshooting and repair, SMT, sophisticated solid state electronic circuitry, relays, etc.
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes, loop calibrators, valves, regulators, flow meters and pressure gauges, pressure sensors, and flow sensors.
- Recent soldering experience.
- Two or four year technical degree in electronics or instrumentation, or Military electronics schooling.
- Strong desire and motivation to become an expert in gas analyzer theory, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Desire to go above and beyond expectations to serve our customer.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adjust priorities to service customers.
- Ability to apply algebraic formulas (mostly y = mx + b but also some polynomials).
- Desire to be productive and a team player.
- Awareness and practice of safe working habits.
- Knowledge of ESD and safe ESD practices.
- Experience using hand tools.
- Proficient personal computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Able to pass a background check, and drug and alcohol testing.
- Clear vision and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Able to lift more than 50 lbs.
- Valid US work authorizations, not requiring sponsorship.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Willing to work occasional overtime.
- Proficient in English.